Avila Beach is one of the best kept secrets in all of California. I should know, being a beachologist who travels the world finding the very best beaches and locations for weddings. And as a location specialist, I also live part time in Avila. That is how nice it is. I love taking my kayak out in Port San Luis and I have seen whales, dolphins, seals, all types of birds. With the juxtaposition of the area, you also get a sunrise AND a sunset. Not many places can lay claim to that. I love walking the Bob Jones trail or riding my bike on the many bike paths. I love morning coffee at Joe Momma’s.
What makes Avila so special?
- For one, the climate. When Pismo Beach is foggy and cold, this banana belt spot has sun and clear skies.
- Next is location. Located half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco, this easy to get to location is a perfect vacation spot.
- Wineries. Between the wineries in Paso Robles, Edna Valley and San Luis Obispo, you can taste for days. And the quality of wine is exceptional.
- Dining. Many world class restaurants because where you find great wine you also find chefs who can make memorable meals.
- Relaxation. Check out Sycamore Hot Springs. Their soak tubs located on their property are one of my favorite things to do when I’m in the area.