Here is some information I want to share with you about restrictions or rules of getting married on the beach in Pismo Beach. I am often times asked about this so I want to post this information here and now.
Regarding a Pismo Beach Wedding on the beach, and by that I mean on the sand, which is county property, here are the rules for Pismo Beach.
Weddings on Pismo Beach are permitted with certain restrictions:
- A permit is not required for Pismo Beach.
- There is no fee for getting married on the beach in Pismo Beach .
- Areas are available on a “first come first serve” basis.
- Pismo Beach is public property, therefore no area can be reserved, roped or sectioned off.
- Pismo Beach weddings are limited to just the ceremony. Receptions can take place at a hotel or hall nearby in Pismo Beach.
- Set up of chairs are allowed.
- Guest are to be kept at a maximum of 50 guest.
- No amplified music.
I hope this helps answer you questions about a getting married on the beach in Pismo Beach. If you have any additional questions, please contact me at